Friday, October 1, 2010

Dell Axim x51v works with Windows 7

After doing a Google search and finding that most people seem to have had no luck in getting their Dell Axim x51v to work with Windows 7, I was really reluctant to try it and almost didn’t.  But today I decided to try and it worked. 

At first I was discouraged because I got a driver not installed correctly message.  I decided to try to manually add a device through the Devices & Printers in the Control Panel.  Not sure if that is what triggered to Windows Mobile Device Center to finally start and recognize it or it just took that long, because after it installed correctly the add a device box was still looking for devices. 

Anyway, it installed correctly and it syncs what I need to right now.  I ditched Outlook when I upgraded to Windows 7 because I only had Office XP/2002 which isn’t supposed to work with “7” and I rarely used it when I had Vista anyway.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: